Thursday, March 02, 2006

pray as you go

thanks to moot, follow this link to a great little experimental site called 'pray as you go', from the jesuits.

each day there is a 15 minute meditation that you can download onto your ipod, and at the end of the day is an 8 minute exercise to examen the day - something i'd alluded to in an earlier post on ignatius.

this is about taking the time to notice god - something that lent gives us a special opportunity to do. and in noticing god, we receive from god his great gift of life in ways that surprise us - the kinds of suprises that bring a gentle smile to our faces.

i think this is a lovely gift from our jesuit friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Tony (or "mate", as you would say). Genuine thanks for your comment on my comment.

One of my ambitions over the past few months has been to do some gentle dusting in my flat. My friend Annie visited me last Friday. On Saturday morning I noticed she had written her name on the dust on my desk bureau - as you say, the kind of surprise that brings a gentle smile to our faces. "Ashes to Ashes ... Dust to Dust" - but in between Life can leave its imprint on the dust.
I now have a good symbolic excuse for not doing any dusting for at least another few weeks.