Monday, February 13, 2006

Trees, Part 4 (Genesis 1:29-30)


I remember once watching a TV show called ‘Faking it’, where a London based computer operator was given the challenge of becoming a surfer in one month. He was coached by two of England’s better surfers down around St. Agnes and Truro in Cornwall. It was great to see some surf, and the place actually reminded me of Taylor’s Mistake in Christchurch, New Zealand. It looked like a great place for me to be in some form of ministry. I know that I enjoy writing, and I know that I need the space to be able to do that. I think that part of the idea of being a priest is to ‘be’ a priest, which includes having time to reflect on life and God and share those reflections with others. And perhaps for me, the sea is the best place to do that and be what God intended me to be: a tree of God planted by the sea, producing its fruit at the right time, and giving shade and rest to weary travellers.

No comments: